We only collect information that is necessary for us to provide the "STIGA" goods or services. This includes information that allows us to improve the services we offer and that allows you to consider related goods and services which you may find useful or interesting. Information we collect includes that required to become a member, such as your name, address, contact details, email address and date of birth.
Whenever you access the "STIGA" site, we collect and store information that is sent directly to our servers from your web browser. We also temporarily send small amounts of data to your browser. These are stored on your computer hard drive and are known as 'cookies'.
Cookies allow us to identify who is using the site, making your use of the site quicker and more convenient by retrieving information that has been stored on our servers. This information will help us to continually improve the site and offer our members more of the content and features that they find useful.
We may choose to use technology that transmits a short confirmation to our servers when you open an email that we sent you. This lets us know that you have received the email.
In general, we only use the information we collect to:
- Improve the design, features and functions of the site;
- Provide information of interest to you; and
- Offer you goods or services.
While we mostly only use the information we collect within "STIGA", we may also share the information with others. In cases where we have the choice whether to share the information, we will only do so if:
We may share information with others as follows:
- Affiliates of "STIGA": we may share information with others if it is required for a particular transaction. For instance, if you request information by mail, we will have to provide information about you to our couriers. We may also provide information to our affiliates to enable them to improve the products or services that they offer you.
- Special offers: We may at some time choose to provide you with special offers or promotions on behalf of other businesses. We will only do so if we consider that the offer or promotion is broadly congruent with "STIGA" goods and services. If we do so, we will not provide your contact details or other information to the other businesses. You can notify us at any time that you don't want to receive any further special offers or promotional material.
- General information: We may collate information to present to businesses that are considering becoming part of the "STIGA" network or to potential advertisers on the site (if we choose to accept advertising material on the site). For instance, we might reveal that 35% of members are aged 25 to 35. You would not be able to be identified or contacted from the information that we present.
- Legal requirements: We may have to disclose information because a law or court requires us to. If so, we will only share the information with the body we are required to share it with, and we will share no more information than we are required to.
- If we reasonably believe it is necessary: We may share information if we reasonably believe it is necessary for the purposes of protecting life, health or safety, or to assist in law enforcement.
You can restrict how we share information.
It may be impracticable to get your consent to sharing information about you, including because:
- Of the number of "STIGA" members;
- We do not have contact information for everyone who uses the site;
- Of the time it would take to get consent;
- A proposed disclosure is commercially confidential; or
- Requesting consent would jeopardise the purpose for which disclosure is made (for instance, to assist in prevention of a crime or to protect health and safety).
We will ask for your consent before sharing information about you, other than in situations listed in the section above, circumstances where it is impracticable, or where we are prevented by law from asking for your consent.
If we send material to you promoting goods or services, it will always clearly identify how you can tell us that you don't want any more material sent to you.
We recognise the value you place on the privacy and security of your information. Once your data is on our servers, we ensure it cannot be accessed or tampered with by anyone unauthorised.
We try to ensure that all our information about our members is complete, accurate and up-to-date. In many cases, we will only become aware that information is incorrect by accident (e.g. by a courier telling us your address has changed) or because you tell us.
You can contact us and request that we correct information that we hold about you if the information we hold is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We can amend or add to this policy from time to time. The policy currently applying will be displayed on this page.